9.29.2010

"...tribulation brings about perseverence..."

Well, I must say that this past week has been a testing of my faith and was a struggle with an unthankful heart.
All my schoolwork, pictures, and emails from the last three years are gone. My hardrive was fried and I lost everything. When my parents told me that the computer technicians couldn't retrieve all my information, I felt as though a part of me was empty. As you may not know, I am studying to become a photographer and I have taken hundreds of photos of absolutely everything, some of them very meaningful. When I realized that I would never see some of those pictures again, I just couldn't bring my self to say thank you to God. That night, I prayed fervently for my heart to stay peaceful and my thoughts to be thankful, and not ones of anger. The next day, blessings from my good and gracious God showered on me as I found discs with some of my pictures on them and school documents on my sister's computer. I have been able to retrieve hundreds of photos from my camera, my family member's computers, and my blog. My sister told me something that day that I will never forget - When we hold on to our earthly possessions in tightly clasped hands, the Lord will pry our fingers open and take away those earthly idols. But if we leave our hands open in front of us with everything we love on them, the Lord won't have to pry our fingers, but if He pleases, He can take them away with our willing hearts full of thankfulness. And I believe this to be so true. I was holding onto my possessions too tightly and I wasn't willing to let them go. I have learned a valuable lesson about storing up treasures on earth and I want to live my life with my hands open to Him who has blessed me with everything I have.
Job 1:21b -
"The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away. Blessed be the name of the Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment